Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Feed Shop

I never write up about places I eat at but this place was just to good to not talk about.
This previous weekend I celebrated my 28th birthday and like every year I decided to go have a nice meal at a new place. I heard some good things about a restaurant in College Park called The Feed Shop, so I decided to go try it out.Seriously the best meal I have had in a long time. They didn't have a huge menu but they did have something for everyone.
I choose to get the calamari to start with a surprise guest appearance of baby octopi and it was amazing, really sweet and not too tough. (enough food for a table of 5)For my main course I choose to have the chicken and duck covered in local bbq sauce with white cheese macaroni and coca-cola can baked beans. The chicken was nicely breaded and moist. The duck was sweet and fell right off the bone, the bbq sauce was a very nice touch on top. The mac-n-cheese was amazing and the baked beans had a nice spice to them but not to off from the rest of the meal.
(sorry no photo of this cause I was to busy enjoying my meal)
And all of this great meal was washed down with a nice red wine.

The one thing I did think was weird about the place was that it seemed completely empty, besides my table there were maybe 3 others in the whole place on a Saturday night. I would hope that the next time I go it will be packed cause the food there deserves it.
On a side note they also have a bar, it had nobody in it, but it looked rad. Plus they have PBR on tap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment