Thursday, February 19, 2009

I LOVE TYPE


So if you truly know me you would know that I am a HUGE typography nerd. I don't know if it leads back to my days of graffiti or the hardcore designer inside me, but I could totally just hand draw and make typography for the rest of my life. So when I get the chance I love to create my own personal type, I have done this in two of my portfolio projects thus far.
Well enough about my nerdy interior, lets get down to the reason that lead to this post.
I found this book at a bookstore and fell in LOVE with it. So one day I went into the library at school to see if they had it and they did. I was so excited I read the whole thing in one sitting and then got inspired to make some of my own fonts. It had great imagery of hand drawn type and tons of links to artist websites on top of all the artist write-ups. If you are a typography fan like myself you should totally go get this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment