Monday, February 2, 2009

New Blog Name, Same Blog Feel

It seems there has been a few complaints about the name of this blog and the problem of remembering the blog url cause of its crazy long title, or something. So I decided that it would be a smart decision on my part to change it to something a bit easier. This new name also tends to give me a variety of different names I can play with to link it to my portfolio website.
Without further adieu, I would like to welcome you to the new and improved, but slightly used "Forever Untitled".
www.foreveruntitledat.blogspot.com

I might be awhile before I can get around to changing the overall look but that is just a minor detail.



On other news; this years Super-Bowl advertising spots totally sucked, a bunch seemed unoriginal, to many ads already viewed, and there were way too many movie trailers. The quality and number of different advertisements seem to be dwindling more and more every year. Being an aspiring ad man this is very disappointing and sort of pisses me off since I only watch the game for the ads.
Well anyways, If I had to pick a top 3 they would be: (in order and with my own titles)

1) Audi: Chase Scenes
This ad had amazing cinematography and when you think about it, it seems all the cool new action movie chase scenes involve an Audi.

2) Pepsi: Refresh Through Time (time lapse comparing like things)
Another great cinematic advertisement and I liked the comparisons, but I disliked the Black Eyed Pea spot and song.

3) Coca-Cola: The Heist (bugs steal the Coke)
Just hands down great design work and it seemed like it had a bunch of thought behind it. Would have taken #1 on my list, but the other two just made a better consumer connection through personal feels and memories.

If you haven't seen these you can view them on Hulu.
So watch them all and lets chat advertising.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holla-saurus Rex dog, Fibblesteaks!

Post a Comment